Institute for Biodiversity conservation and Training is pleased to announce Certificate course on in Geographical Information System with Hands-On training. The course is designed to accomodate first time users to experienced level.
In this course, the participants will be equipped with the following:
1. Fundamentals of Geographichal Information System
2. Introduction to various GIS softwares and QGIS.
3. Basic GIS: Geocode data, Georeferencing and onscreen digitizing (Create Point/Polyline/Polygon map), Map printing, Data import and export, Data styling, clipping.
4. Basic Map analysis: Create Thematic maps, Map prepration, Data import and Export,
5. Basic Raster analysis: Data import/Export, Math functions, Data conversions, thematic maps, data stylings, clippping and merging etc..
6. Intermediate Map analsis: Perform Joins, Perform data query using SQL and heat maps
7. Free Datasets for India: Administrative boundaries, hydrological data, gazetter, etc...
What is Geographical Information System (GIS) ?
A geographic information system (GIS) is a system designed to capture, store, manipulate, analyze, manage, and present spatial or geographic data.
By the end of the course the candidates will be familiar with Fundamentals of GIS and able to contribute to GIS Projects involving basic to intermediate level analysis using open source softwares and Google Earth Engine.
Who can attend this Course?
Students pursuing Bachelor's, Master Degree, M.Phil., Post-Doc, Research Scholars, Researchers, Scientists who are working across broad range of fields, including, conservation biology, ecology, evolutionary biology, Environmental Science etc. New and Experienced at GIS can also apply.
No of Seats: 25
What should I do to attend Course?
Email following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Certificate in GIS
Institution Name/University Name:
How this course benefits:
Selection of Candidates:
This course accepts 25 students based on first come first serve basis and relevance of the course. The selected candidates will be notified by email and are required pay registration within 5 calendar days from the date of selection.
Submit Application: 20-June-2019
The course will commence at 9:00 am and expected to complete by 6:00 pm everyday.
What is the cost of the course?
The cost of the course is Rs.3,540.00 (Rupees three thousand five hundred and forty only) payable online on or before deadline (selected candidates only).
The fee covers the lectures, the course material, free data sets, lunch and cookies over beverages.
The registration fee excludes Breakfast, Dinner, accomodation, travel costs and other expenditures.
What will I get?
Upon successful completion of this course the candidates will receive Certificate.
Attendance to all the sessions are mandatory.
The United Theological College Campus (UTC), Bangalore.
For any further queries please feel free to email your questions to email@example.com
Note: Selected candidates are requested to bring their own laptop and mobile data for course.
Wish you Good Luck!!
Ms. Shoba Samuel,